Why You Should Embrace Pumpkin For Skin Care
- Posted on: Nov 15 2018
In addition to getting regular skin cancer checks, treating skin conditions, and getting cosmetic procedures done from Dr. Barry Goldman, one of the best things that you can do for your skin is to use skin care products that have rich ingredients. One of the most natural ingredients in skin care products that we encourage our patient to try during this time of year is pumpkin. So, how is pumpkin good for your skin and what kinds of pumpkin skin care products should you invest in?
You may be shaking your head in disbelief wondering how on earth pumpkin is good for your skin, but this nutrient-dense fruit can help your skin:
- Increase cell turnover because it is packed with alpha hydroxy acids and fruit enzymes.
- Soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen products because it contains both Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Help calm acne because it contains zinc which helps with oil production and hormone levels.
- Combat oily skin because it is full of essential fatty acids and Vitamin C which regulate sebum.
- Treat aging skin, pigmentation, and dull complexion.
What Pumpkin Products Should I Get?
If you want to invest in just one or two pumpkin products this season to not only feel festive, but to also help give your skin some more benefits, then you should consider getting a product like a facial cream, face mask, or eye cream.
It can seem like there is no shortage of what pumpkin products can’t do for your skin. Even though pumpkins are great for decorating and eating, you can cut down on some serious calories by applying it topically rather than by eating it. To learn more about how you can take better care of your skin, schedule a skin care consultation with us at our New York City office today and give us a call at 212.962.1115.
Posted in: Skin Care