How Laser Treatment Can Give You Freedom From Stretch Marks
Stretch marks can form in any place in the body and are typically caused by the rapid growth of the tissue under the skin. It is common among people who suddenly gain weight, reach puberty, grow rapidly, or get pregnant. The skin stretches too fast and the elasticity that skin naturally has is lost leaving stretch marks. Most procedures that involve medicines or topical creams may not work effectively because it is a condition that lies deep within the skin and not just on the outside.
Laser Therapy for Striae
Also known as Fractional Photothermolysis, laser hair removal is a procedure that uses lasers to get rid of stretch marks. A fractional laser is used directly on the affected area. The lasers are micro- fine and reach deep within the layers of the skin and rejuvenate the support structures that have weakened. The skin's natural healing then steps in and gets rid of the damaged tissue, replacing it with fresh cells. Eventually, the lines disappear and they are replaced by smooth, elastic skin. Here are a few reasons as to why it is the best option to treat stretches.
- The procedure is quick and can take as little as 30 minutes to complete.
- There is almost no pain, at the most, there may be a bit of discomfort from the lasers.
- Most people will not need more than 3 or five sessions of treatments.
- There is also no down time from the procedure.
- The only side effects are mild swelling and redness along with a bit of sensitive skin, once the skin is fully healed, it will go back to normal.
- The risk of infection is rare and usually not as a direct result of the lasers.
Interested in Learning More About Fractional Photothermolysis for Stretch Marks? Contact Goldman Dermatology Today.
For more information about Fractional Photothermolysis or any of the procedures we offer, contact Barry D. Goldman, M.D., Elena Maydan, M.D.,Helen Radoszycki, M.D. We are located in Broadway, New York, and can be reached directly at 212-962-1115. We look forward to hearing from you soon.